SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Jill Parkin.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website. We have support staff who are qualified to deliver Relax Kids, Lego Therapy, Speech and Language, Nessy, Lexia and Talkabout.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychologist
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- Crisis Response
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Support Group
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- One Point Children’s Service
- Educational Social Workers
- Health agencies
- School Nurse Service
- Learning Difficulties and Disability Support Service
- Special Educational Needs-Inclusion Team
- Looked After Children
- Medical Practitioners
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Purchasing specialised resources and equipment.
- Staff training to provide relevant and requires support, tailored to the needs of the pupils on the current SEN register.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.